ABBYY TextGrabber + Translator App
While travelling, studying, browsing or simply reading a newspaper we consume huge amounts of data, and often in a foreign language. To keep pace with rapidly changing events, we have to find a way to deal with all the information quickly and efficiently, so that nothing gets lost or escapes our attention. Of cause, your smartphone can be helpful here. Especially if you have a convenient app, and here is a variant.
· Extracting snippets of text from printed sources.
· Works with images taken with a smartphone camera or downloaded ones.
· All captured texts are editable.
· Accurate text recognition in more than 60 languages (no Internet connection required for OCR).
· Instant translation from more than 90 languages (with Google Translate or Lingvo Dictionaries via Internet).
· Apple’s VoiceOver text-to-speech supported.
· Adjustable font sizes and sound tips for the app´s interface.
· Convenient sharing options via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, E-Mail or SMS.
· All captured texts are backed up on the smartphone in the History folder.